Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Indian Golden Boy - Bindra

Yesterday morning I switched on the TV just before I was ready to leave for office and what followed was just incredible which forced me to just sit glued in front of the TV for an hour or so, the moment he got on podium and our flag started getting hoisted and national anthem started, it was just out of the world, atleast for me.

This post itself tells what Abhinav Bindra has achieved. I am a total cricket buff and also have interests in lawn-tennis, football, F-1, badminton and TT. For long I was thinking of putting a post on Sachin Tendulkar but due to some reasons it was getting delayed ... and now before putting a post on him I had to put Bindra here.
No Indian has been able to achieve what Bindra has done by getting Gold Medal at Olympics. For some moments I was just blank, which tells what has been the magnitude of this effort. God bless this guy. It was a moment of redemption for India. The global media looked bemused as grownup Indians danced like little children, shedding tears of joy. How can they understand ? This moment ended decades of Olympic misery for India, the world's second most populous nation and a perennial underachiever at the games.

Hope this will result in people taking notice of various other sports in our country other than cricket.

No comments: