Monday, December 1, 2008

Catching the train & knowledge

Being in Bangalore it is not unusual to get caught up in traffic jams and lose ones cool but I had been lucky enough to have not faced this situation because of close proximity of my house and office. But now on a working day I had to catch the train from railway station at 7:15pm, being fully aware of the traffic scenario I left my office at 5:15 reached home at 5:30 so I thought I should busy some fruits and snacks for the journey and as the shop was just 1km away so I thought I should be back by 5:45 and then will take an auto and leave. But while coming back after buying the stuff just 500m from my house there was a traffic jam and it was not moving, we remained stand still for 10-15mins, so the first knowledge point dawned accept the situation ... I cant do anything so relax and pray !

Now I reached my residence but power supply was gone, keeping acceptance still with me I picked up the bag and rushed to find an autorickshaw and surprise surprise there are 5-6 waiting and no one willing to come to the railway station and it was 6:15 now. So one more prayer and one fellow came and agreed to go for a hefty 150 which I negotiated to 120 :) which was good considering the situation I was in, it was a good deal for both of us. Now this fellow started going through all the short cuts he knew plus which I had found out during my stay in Bangalore.
Now I was feeling confident that we should be on time and aha ... there was one more surprise, at a small turning a big bus had decided to not make any further movement and that resulted in others being forced not to move and now this situation started slowly to have its bad influence on my mind, why is this happening ? why did the bus have to die down at this position at this time ? so on.
Suddenly knowledge dawned "What is the worse thing which can happen now, I will miss the train and would not be able to go home, but I can take a flight tomorrow, yes it will cost more money and there will be change in plan but what is more important the state of my mind or that extra money which I would have to spend ? And pat came the reply "My mind is more important" and hence I became relaxed. And then the miracles started happening, the bus decided to move, the traffic lights decided to give us a green welcome and roads became wide enough to let us move freely. We had covered just 4km in first 20 mins and we covered 8kms in next 20( after my mind had relaxed). I reached station happily at 7pm bought some more eatables, called some of my friends and sat on my seat smiling and feeling grateful for reaching on time and more importantly keeping my mind at peace.

3 comments:

Sunand said...

very true!

Unknown said...

Good experience Ashish, thats true .. being relaxed really helps

Unknown said...

A relaxed mind and a prayer make things easy...!!